Use this checklist when considering tutoring services for your child. There are several key points for parents to consider: customization, experience, certification, communication, convenience and progress. Your child's education is important, so take the time to ask plenty of questions before making a choice:
Is your child's tutor...
- Highly trained, certified and qualified in all subjects?
- A kind, caring educator dedicated to your child's success?
- Backed with at least 100 hours of successful tutoring hours?
Does your child's tutor offer...
The convenience of in-home or online tutoring?
Formal progress reports at regular intervals to show progress?
Instructional videos for all math and science subject to suppliment their studies?
Past test and exam papers as well as examiner's reports to help with test and exam preparation?
A fun, warm and caring educational environment?
Proven strategies for learning?
Instruction personalized to your child's unique needs?
- Flexible payment methods?
Can your child's tutor...
- Provide a personalized assessment before beginning instruction?
- Identify the exact skill gaps that need to be strengthened?
- Keep your child motivated and engaged throughout the entire tutoring program?
- Teach organization, time management, note- and test-taking?
- Give your child confidence that goes beyond the classroom?
- Guarantee your child's progress?
- Only UltiTutor can answer "yes" to all of the above.
How to choose the right tutor!